Mr. Ritchie joined Sheehan and Sheehan in May of 2017 after serving in the office of Governor Susana Martinez for more than five years. During that time he gained broad experience with the many legal issues that face decision makers and the unique considerations of representing elected officials and governmental entities.
While working in the capitol he represented the governor in state and federal court, negotiated tribal gaming compacts on behalf of the state, and provided counsel on administrative law and rulemaking, procurement, contracts, employment and labor disputes, tribal law, gaming, and litigation involving state agencies.
Mr. Ritchie also assisted in the selection and oversight of outside counsel on a wide range of issues affecting the state’s interests, where he gained an appreciation for effective legal representation through the eyes of the client.
Mr. Ritchie began his legal career in an Albuquerque civil litigation firm where he gained experience primarily in the areas of construction defect, medical malpractice, personal injury, and worker’s compensation.
Mr. Ritchie graduated from the J. Reuben Clark School of Law at Brigham Young University in 2010, where he was selected as president of the Moot Court Board of Advocates and Note and Comment Editor for the Education and Law Journal. He received his bachelor’s degree from the Anderson School of Management at the University of New Mexico.
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Areas of Practice
- Civil Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- New Mexico, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2015
- J. Reuben Clark Law School, Bringham Young University, Provo, UT
- J.D. – 2010
- President, Moot Court Board of Advocates
- Note and Comment Editor, Education and Law Journal
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- B.A. – 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Directors for the Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commece
- Commissioner, New Mexico Gaming Control Board
Past Employment Positions
- Office of Governor Susana Martinez, Deputy Chief of Staff, 2015-2017
- Office of Governor Susana Martinez, Assistant General Counsel, 2012 – 2015
- Office of Governor Susana Martinez, Legislative Liaison, 2013 – 2017
- Office of Governor Susana Martinez, Director of Boards and Commissions, 2011-2012
- Allen, Shepherd, Lewis, Syra & Chapman, P.A., 20101-2011
- Modrall, Sperling, Roehl, Harris & Sisk, P.A., 2009
- Devonshire’s Solicitors, 2008
- Utah Crime Victims Legal Clinic, 2008