Chief Administrative Officer
Amanda M. García re-joined Sheehan & Sheehan, P.A. in 2014. She previously worked for the firm as an accounting assistant, legal assistant, and paralegal assistant.
Ms. García started her career in the legal field in 1994 as an assistant to the Honorable John J. Romero, Jr., when he was in private practice. Through her career she has held every position in a law firm from courier, legal assistant, and accounting assistant, all the way through senior litigation paralegal, office administrator, and marketing manager.
Her areas of legal background consist of: domestic relations, adoptions and guardianships, estate planning, employment defense, insurance defense, intellectual property, business litigation, and white-collar criminal defense. Prior to re-joining Sheehan & Sheehan, Ms. García worked as a paralegal manager and eventually worked her way into office managing.
When Ms. García isn’t busy managing and marketing our firm, she enjoys her passion of dance. She has been a dancer for over 30 years, where she has studied the arts of classical ballet, ballet on pointe, jazz, hip-hop, Mexican ballet folklorico, and Egyptian cabaret belly dance.
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Director, New Mexico Association of Legal Administrators, President-Elect, 2018 – Present
- Director, New Mexico Association of Legal Administrators, Director of Education, 2017 – 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Mexico Association of Legal Administrators, 2011 – Present
- Society for Human Resource Management, 2015 – Present
- Human Resource Management of New Mexico, 2015 – Present
- Albuquerque Economic Development, Ambassador, 2015 – 2017
Past Employment Positions
- Business Law Southwest, Office Administrator/Senior Paralegal, 2011 – 2014
- Riley, Shane & Keller, P.A., Senior Paralegal, 2009 – 2011
- Peacock Myers, P.C., Senior Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal, 2006 – 2009
- Sheehan, Sheehan & Stelzner, P.A., Paralegal Assistant, 2002 – 2006
- Wiggins, Williams & Wiggins, P.C., Legal Assistant, 2001 – 2002
- The Stein Law Firm, Trust Administrator, 1999 – 2001
- The Law Office of John J. Romero, Jr., Office Manager/Legal Assistant, 1994 – 1999